Covering the connection of DC politics and Hollywood entertainment as they contribute to our culture.
Following a slight delay for personal activities (Sarah danced with Broadway professionals — Brad was playing in the actual swamp) the show has returned, loaded with content. It’s been a busy week in both Capital City, and Burbank, and your hosts were on point.
There is international trade, domestic protests, a Hollywood star gets blemished, and other stars display their ignorance. The media was acting up, actors were media upchucking, and social media was its usual jungle of distemper. Your brave podcast duo faced all of these challenges and fixed EVERYTHING, so take comfort – you are in good hands.
THIS WEEK’S THEME: “Desperate But Not Serious” — Adam Ant
- We try to make sense of the new tariffs policy, and discover it cannot be done.
- The left intends to make “The Handmaid’s Tale” into their never-ending story.
- In Portland they protested ICE and managed to violate EVERY one of their own demands.
- In Hollywood they protested Trump by violating his star on the Walk-Of-Fame, affecting not Trump but themselves.
- CNN acted like their petulant selves and drummed up a conspiracy with a nefarious soccer ball.
- Following a violent crime celebrities invoked Black Lives Matter, ignoring that white lives tend to as well.
- There is a new trend in stand-up comedy — not telling jokes! This should go over HUGE!!
TWITTER MOMENT OF THE WEEK
Given the destruction of the Trump star on the Walk Of Fame this previous art project that constructed a wall around it should have remained up.
Tiny wall built around Trump's Hollywood Starhttps://t.co/EWAKlRytf2
— Tani (@nmucko) July 25, 2018
for more insightful ridiculousness, follow us:
The post Marble Halls & Silver Screens Podcast ep.29 — Condescending Staircase Edition appeared first on RedState.